Does worldwide availability increase chances of getting a job?

Rate this question

Question

I've been doing a lot of research on RA jobs, and how difficult it may be for a newcomer with an IRATA L1 to get a job.

I currently have no certifications, but I may get an IRATA L1 in the future. However, even after I get it, I'll still have no prior construction experience, which doesn't exactly help on my side.

I understand quite a few people would rather look for RA jobs in their area than constantly be traveling around the globe, changing locations and looking for places to work. So, my question is, if I enter the RA job market as a L1 with no prior experience, but I'm willing to travel around the globe for jobs (US, UK, Canada, Europe, etc) will I have a significantly higher chance of landing a job?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

• Root Admin

This all strictly depends on whether or not you have a valid visa to work in the countries you have listed? Europe wont be a problem for you if you are a European, however there are not many employers out there who will ask you to travel from your home location (you listed 'earth' as your location??) and put you on a job that you wont be able to do or you haven't got the skills for. I'd urge you to get a copy of the Rope Access CPack (link below) before you start throwing money around in training etc. as it'll save you a fortune.

• Root Admin

I'm with dynamo on this one, the more skills you have to offer a company the more chance you have of being geographically mobile, everything else is secondary.