OPITO Painting and blasting training notes

Rate this question

Question

Hi All

I Was wondering if anyone has any training notes from the OPITO painting and blasting course or any powerpoints.

I Have a trade test with Stork next week, this being the first painting and blasting work since I completed my course and the Instructor wasn't a fan of taking notes, rattling through power points, which seemed good at the time knocking off at one o'clock but now I have little to no course notes to refresh my knowledge from.  

Any help would be appreciated, as would any info on what to expect from the trade test.

Cheers in advance .

3 answers to this question

• Root Admin

I'll take a peek and see if we have any available, where did you do your training? Sounds like a bad place to go.!

These tests normally revolve around the practical (the theory is obviously included) but the 'trade test' is designed to make sure you are skilled at the particular 'trade' in question.

AIS Training, rest of the course was delivered well but the theory was neglected a bit.

As far as i'm aware there will be a theory assessment with about 20 questions and then some practical setting up the blast pot, spraying equipment etc. 

I can remember the practical side of things and can find some decent videos on youtube, just lacking the notes to study for the theory.

If you (admin) or anyone else have access to the course notes or training material it would be a big help

• Root Admin

You are not the first to comment about the lack of notes on the AIS courses. We've had a dig about and the motes we had available are out of date. Our search continues for you, meantime if there is anyone else reading this who has them please post for the benefit of all...