6G multi-coded welder r/a level 1.. GWO??

Rate this topic

Guest Kieran

• Guests
Guest Kieran

Hi everyone, I have been a welder for almost 10 years now since I was 18 and I have my level 1. I’m hoping to get my first start on the ropes this month fingers crossed. 

My question is can I use my skills as a welder in the renewables and should I get my GWO? 

Thanks

• Root Admin

Coded Rope Access welders are well paid and there is a lot of work out there in general. Coded welders are used less in turbine work but there is still work available.

• Guests
Guest Kieran

Thanks, I have found it very slow getting my first start tbh. What sort of rate should I expect? I come from pipelines, oil and gas refineries, vessels and rigs on carbon and exotic pipe work as well as structural and fabrication stuff. 
What companies are likely to take on first timers on the ropes? 
Thanks

• Root Admin

Your 'first time' on the ropes is a lot less important than what it is you actually do once the worksite is accessed. First time Rope Access techs, with zero industry experience, zero marketable skills etc will always be bottom of the rung - someone with your skils and experience shouldn't really see too many problems in gaining employment within the Rope Access industry.

Rates with the Rope Access ticket will always be higher than what you'd achieve without it.